Monday, July 28, 2008

FAQ's

What is a session fee, and what does it include? The session fee covers the time and the talent of the photographer and is due at the time of the session. A deposit may be required to hold the session date, which will count towards the session fee.  The session fee also includes:

Location of your choice
Unlimited outfit changes
No time limit
Professional High Quality Editing
Personal Online Gallery
Web-sized CD of all images from Gallery (available upon request)

How long will the session last? Most session will last about an hour or so, with the exceptions of newborns which typically run closer to 2 hours.  I do not charge 'per minute' in my sessions.  They will end when you feel that I have done all the shots you wanted and we both feel satisfied with our results.

What do I wear?
This is my number one asked question.  The best rule of thumb when choosing what to wear is wearing something you feel comfortable in. Now, I'm not talking bunny slippers and a bath robe, obviously.  But how comfortable you feel in what you are wearing is a big deal when it comes to pictures.  If you aren't satisfied or aren't feeling confident with what you are wearing, it will show in the pictures.  Whatever you choose to wear, make sure it makes you feel comfortable and confident! And here's a few added tips to help you choose:
  • Color: Probably one of the most important aspect of your clothing is COLOR!  Don't be scared to venture out and add more colors. Layers are a great way to add more color and character to your styles.  Dark colors have a slimming nature for those that are worried about their weight.  Bright colors can bring a lot of character into your image and works well with shorts, capris and casual jeans.  If your still not certain, feel free to bring a few outfits with you and I'll help you decide.
  • Patterns: Although patterns in small amount are great (your daughter's leggins for example) try to stay away from small, busy patterns.  They tend to take away focus from your image.
  • Accessorize: A simple easy way to add a lot of charcter and fun to your pictures is adding accessorizes.  Stylish hats, scarfs, headbands, bows, belts and jewelry are great ways to give your look and extrra umph!
How many clothing changes can I do during a session? Because my standard sessions are timed, you are able to do a few outfit changes if you wish.  Want both a casual and a dressier look to your images? No problem! Have a few adorable outfits you can't decide? Bring them both!  Typically having 2-3 changes of clothing can add a unique variety to your images, but it can be overdone.  The more outfits you bring, the more overwhelmed you may feel when you get ready to choose your prints.

How is a location chosen?  When you call to book a session with me, we will go over what type of look your are wanting out of your images.  If you know of a place, great! If not, I can help you out with a location that fit your needs.  Want to go to more than one location? I'm pretty flexible with having more than one location for no extra charge as long as the locations are within a 15 minute drive of eachother.  If you would like to have more than one location, it will need to be discussed during booking so that I can make sure to schedule enough time for your session.

Do you offer a CD of images?  We live in a digital age, and I understand that.  That is why all my sessions have an web-sized gallery CD available at no additional charge. An web-sized galleryCD contains all your edited images sized down and watermarked.  They are perfect to share through social networking sites, blogs, digital scrapbooking and email, and are permitted for that.  Printing with thhis CD is not allowed.  Removing and/or hiding the watermark from an image is prohibited, protected by law.

High Resolutions CDs are available for purchase after a minimum print purchase of $200.00 in prints.  High Resolution CDs include the right to print.  The copyright of my image(s) is not for sale.

Why is there a minimum print order to qualify for purchase of High Resolution CD? As a photographer, I take great pride in my work.  I spend only but a small moment of my time with you behind the camera.  The rest of the time is spent creatively editing your pictures and taking a good image to a spectacluar image.  Nothing breaks my heart more than to have a client pay for great images, only to take those images to a local lab with poor printing capabilities, where the color may be off or unnecessary crops occur.  All of my prints are sent to a professional high quality lab that is callibrated to my monitor, so the prints turn out exactly as I expect them, and is something I feel proud to give to you.  You satisfaction is guarenteed.  In the past, many of my clients have paid for a CD, only to let that CD collect dust.   I want you to do more with your photos than collect dust. My lab offers unique and fun ways to print and showcase your images; float wraps, standouts, collages and so much more. 

Do you like Hayley's Photography, but not sure if it's in your budget?  Do you have another service or product that you are willing to barter or trade? Contact me and we can work something out!

Have other questions not answered here? Please feel free to send me an email!

No comments:

Post a Comment