Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring: What to Wear?

What should I wear is the #1 question I get asked with all my shoots.  I've had a this a question from a number of clients for the upcoming spring mini shoots, so I thought I'd give you some ideas.

If you haven't checked out this year's Spring line, you need too! It will give you a great idea and starting point of what you'd like to see in your images. There is something that fits every budget.  Don't be afraid to venture out into something new.  My favorites for kids are Children's Place, Old Navy and Target.  And the best part? You can check it all out online! No need to go from store to store.  I think now more than ever before, finding the perfect outfit for picture day is easier than ever!

If I could say just 2 things about what to wear it'd would be to add layers and colors.  Here are some great examples.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And my most favorite part of what to wear: Accessories!  Accessories are a great way to add more character and personality.  Take notice of what your child likes to dress up in. If your wanting a more classy look, a tie will make that statement.  If your little girl loves to play dress up, let her direct the show.  The more happy your children are with what they are wearing and how they feel, the better your images will turn out.

Photobucket

The most important thing when finding something for your child to wear is making sure that it's something they are comfortable in and fits who they are, because that's how you are you want to remember them!

No comments:

Post a Comment